Suetables

Suetables
www.suetables.com

inspiration . style . places

Musings from a jewelry designer, mom, traveller and art, nature, fashion and design lover...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finding a way to get paid doing what I love:














Planting seed
s: I don't know anything for sure...but I do know that, in business, you have to plant seeds. You have to dream...and 'dream big' as I have hand stamped on my latest Stevie bangle. Aside from loving what I do, I have two good reasons pictured above (that I have to serve dinner to shortly) that inspire me. So, here is what I sent to Oprah last week. It is sitting in the editorial department in New York as I write. Here's hoping someone reads it.



Dear Oprah,


Upon your advice, I am finding a way to get paid doing what I love.


I love your approach to life and live my life according to a similar belief system. A friend recently joked that I have made a whole business out of that philosophy. Five years ago, I began a hobby which has become my full-time job.


I have an online hand-stamping jewelry business in Canada and the US. I personalize each piece of sterling silver one letter and one number at a time. It is simple. Catering to those who choose to express their authenticity and personal expression through fashion, each Suetables is hand stamped ensuring each piece is unique and reflects something about the wearer.


Oprah - I hope you will check out www.suetables.com and look at the two necklaces I made for you -- one locket that expresses your love of your dogs (yes, your six pups are in there) and one that reflects something about how you live your life and help others live theirs.


You once reminded me in your magazine to “live my truth”. Now, I am giving you a circle of life reminding you to LIVE YOUR TRUTH. You do it so well every day. You help others do it daily too.


My dream is for my jewelry to be featured in your magazine. And so, upon the “Oprah credence” that I know and love, I am writing my own script.


I hope you will feature these meaningful sterling-silver pieces in your magazine.


With great admiration and respect always,


Sue Henderson

www.suetables.com

No comments:

Post a Comment